Here is some general information about our Shala (place of practice and study) and some guidelines for practicing yoga.
• Practice begins when you enter the studio
• Turn off cell phones
• Arrive for class on time
• Sign-in and pay before class
• If you must leave a class early, please tell the teacher before class, then leave before other students “take rest”.
(“shavasana” or “corpse pose”)
• Always include the corpse pose as part of your practice, even if you leave early
• If you have injuries or other special needs, please let your teacher know
• It is best to wait at least three hours after eating a meal before practicing yoga. But also important to eat enough to keep you strong and grounded during your practice.
• Try not to drink water during class as this puts out the fire (tapas) created by your practice
• Do not wear scented body lotions, perfumes or oils to class
• Public orange mats are located below the personal mats. Please wipe down with mat cleaner and return mat and other props neatly to their proper place after class.
• Hang your mat outside if it is wet.
• Practice with intelligence. Do not strain in the postures. Practice “free breathing” while you practice.